Welcome to my blog, I am off to Africa for a book bus adventure from August

to December 2011 and this blog will keep you up to date about my preparations

and the adventures I have during my time away.

Monday 12 September 2011

Livingstone Island, Zebras and Puppets

What a busy weekend with just 2 weeks before I leave for Malawi I thought I should see some sights so Kelly (the book bus leader) and I went to Livingstone Island which is right in the middle of Victoria Falls. From there we swam across part of the top of the falls, very scary and sat right on the edge in a place called Devils Pool. I was terrified but it was an amazing feeling after we were safely back on dry land.

To recover from almost killing ourselves at the top of the falls we went to the Royal Livingstone Hotel and had High Tea, we then saw many Zebras that live around the grounds. They were amazing and all had slightly different stripes.



This week we have also had a great time putting on puppet shows for the children in a number of schools, they loved it and I don't think they had ever seen anything like it before.




No comments:

Post a Comment