Welcome to my blog, I am off to Africa for a book bus adventure from August

to December 2011 and this blog will keep you up to date about my preparations

and the adventures I have during my time away.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Malawi and the Lake of Stars Festival

 After many hours on many crazy African buses I have arrived at Lake Malawi and it is beautiful. The internet here is not so great so my blogs will be limited for the next few weeks.

We have been to a number of schools where the class sizes are well over 100 children per teacher which seems crazy!!! We are giving out books to a number of children this week as part of the Lake of Stars Festival. The kids who have been given books so far have loved it and the project is also providing many books for school libraries in the area.

This weekend is the Lake of Stars Festival which runs every year and aims to raise money for projects in the local area. A whole range of bands and artists are playing and I can't wait for it to start.

Sorry for no photos but I promise to add them later.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment