Welcome to my blog, I am off to Africa for a book bus adventure from August

to December 2011 and this blog will keep you up to date about my preparations

and the adventures I have during my time away.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

In the Village, Shima and ELEPHANTS

So this week we have started our holiday club in a new school in the middle of a village. The children had never seen the book bus before and where very apprehensive at first but after 2 hours of making snakes, butterflies and singing songs they were fighting to hold our hands as we had a tour of their village. It was amazing to see how up to 10 people live in a house about the size of my living room. They also only had one waterpump for 5 villages, yet the people seem so content with life.

Later that evening we also went to a traditional restaurant to try some of the Zambian staple food Shima, we used our hands to roll in into balls and you add chicken or vegetables to it for flavour. It tasted good but had a consistency a bit like playdough!


Today on the way home from school we also got to see a whole heard of elephants crossing the road, it was awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment