Welcome to my blog, I am off to Africa for a book bus adventure from August

to December 2011 and this blog will keep you up to date about my preparations

and the adventures I have during my time away.

Saturday 27 August 2011

School this week

School this week was great we went to a community school set up by a guy who just saw a need in his area and went ahead and did it. The teachers again are all volunteers and work really hard even teaching lessons during the holidays.

The children were amazing and the numbers grew each I think we ended up with about 180 kids on Friday. Each day we looked at different stories and made crafts based on each book. They all loved it particularly when the glitter and sequins came out.
Here are a few of my favourite snaps from the week.

A classroom

Crown Making

Dancing Zebras


Children running after our bus 

Next week we move onto our last week of holiday club at Lubasi Orphange, which is an amazing place so I can't wait. We are also taking 30 children from this weeks school to Victoria Falls on a school trip, which will be great as most of them will have never seen the falls before.   xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment