Welcome to my blog, I am off to Africa for a book bus adventure from August

to December 2011 and this blog will keep you up to date about my preparations

and the adventures I have during my time away.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Orphange and Lunar Rainbow

Hey everyone,
So the first week of my trip has flown by and feel so at home here already!  Had a great end to the week, we finished our holiday club at our first school which I found out from the headteacher that he had starter under a tree a few years ago and that all the teachers that worked there are volunteers! As a leaving present we gave each child a handful of glitter which they immediately rubbed all over their faces. I have never seen a group of children so excited by glitter before.
On Friday afternoon we also visited an orphanage where the kids were amazing, we just hung out read books and played games. I went back there for a fund raising lunch on Saturday and to have traditional Zambian food which was great, but very different!
Also on Friday evening we went to Victoria falls to see the Lunar Rainbow which happens the night before and after a full moon when the light from the moon creates a rainbow in the waterfalls spray, it was awesome!
Claire xx



No comments:

Post a Comment